How many times have you seen something break even when it is brand new? It is often not your fault that the product broke. It is the responsibility of the manufacturer to ensure the product is as safe as possible, provide warning labels and safety information about the product, and otherwise make sure that the consumer will not be hurt.
Injuries resulting from product defects may result in serious damages to you and your family: physical, emotional, and financial. If you have been hurt while using a product properly, you may be able to file a product liability claim. Product liability is the responsibility held by the manufacturer, designer, distributor, and retailer of any consumer product to ensure that the product is safe for consumers use. A defective product is any product that causes injury to a person due to incorrect labeling, a design defect, or defective manufacturing. The three most common product defects are:
– Design defects – even before the making of the product, it is doomed to be dangerous. The design of the product is consistently unsafe
and every item that followed the design will be defective.
– Manufacturer defects – Also called unplanned defects, the product has a mistake, abnormality or problem that arose while it was being
– Marketing defects – defects or flaws in the way the product is marketed. This includes improper labeling, insufficient instructions or
inadequate safety warnings.
Three conditions must exist to recover losses for injuries caused by a defective product:
– The product had an unreasonably dangerous defect
– The defect caused an injury while the product is used as directed in the instruction manual.
– The product had not been altered substantially from the way it was bought
If you or a family member has been injured as a result of a product defect, you should contact an attorney immediately to help preserve your rights and receive a satisfactory compensation. We believe in working with our clients, not for them. Our attorneys handle your case with the care and timeliness that you need. At KP Law, you and your family have a significant role throughout the process each step of the way. Having dealt with numerous product liability cases in the past, we have the knowledge and the right contacts in the field to work with you to win your case.